Flag of Honduras

Flag of Honduras

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week 1



Hola everybody. Como estan? If you couldn't tell by that, I'm learning a ton of spanish. Also sorry for the typos and stuff the keyboards down here are very different than the ones back home.So the first day I got here was crazy! It felt like 5 days packed into one! None of had slept the night before leaving and then the night we were on the plane was too exciting to sleep as well, i guess. So we were running on nothing when we got here, and there was no break, I'm still tired and it's been a week. Just kidding.

So right when we got here we started filling out paperwork and then a Hermana calls me and a few other missionaries over and tells us to go to this room and there's a barber in there, and we all got our heads shaved, it was pretty sad letting all my hair go.. but i've come to terms with it now. Haha. So my companions are from California and Canada. The Canadian is a hoot, loves "poking fun at people" as he puts it and then right after "poking fun" he says sury aboot that. Classic canadian. haha. But the first day he wasn't so chipper, he left canada but his luggage didn't and then he got dehydrated and threw up. Not a good day for any of us haha. But, funny story aboot Elder Nelson and I. He Told me that he was scared of me when we met because I was From Salt Lake City, Utah (or as the people down her call it "The Farm.") because Id be this crazy powerful missionary and it'd be hard to keep up with a companion like that, but once he got to know me, he realized, I'm not intimidating at all, and that i'm barely average. So I think that it's going to be me trying to stay caught up with him.

Really a lot of what we do is study spanish, even though I haven't learned too much, I feel like i'm barely starting to get the hang of it. Even though y'all know I don't do too well with english either. that's just the spirit working with me i suppose. The weather is pretty nice here but i hear that my mission is hot and rains everyday, so I'm just enjoying the air conditioned CCM right now. the north americans all love Nacho Libre and the Office, and i can quote those better than the bible, so you could say i'm making friends here.

well all i gotta say is I'm very grateful for this church I can be a part of, and that i've been blessed with the opportunity to be here in central america for the next two years. Keep me in your prayers could definitely use them, y'all are for sure in mine. Feel free to write me back haha.

Love Elder Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment