Flag of Honduras

Flag of Honduras

Monday, November 21, 2016

Week 6



Hey everybody! Hows it going? I am in honduras now. I love it here, im on the outskirts of the city in tegucigalpa. My companions name is Elder tomala. Well, i am offically a honduran. I live in a thid world country in a little apartment with cocroaches you could put a saddle on it. The power lines hang so low here they hit the top of the Hondurans heads and the middle of my chest. Oh, and the people here speak spanish kinda like how jamacians speak ingles. Its like im learning a whole new spanish.


Well, all i do all day is hike to houses on mountians and preach the gospel. Its a good life to live. I never cook for myself cause members of the church always have food for the elders. And a lot of it haha. In the mtc a lady told me dont eat the food if its pork or fish or you didnt see them prepare it, or youll get sick and die. Well, I eat all the food they give me cause its super good. And i dont think im dead yet. (I might have a few parasites lol)


Well. I have a ton of investagators and they all are needing the gospel. Yesterday we had two come to church. It was interesting though. We called all of them (we had about 9 invited i think) and none were there at the start. So we went out and walked up some mountians to find them. My Dad always told me to go find "the one." the person out on their own, the person with nobody else. Its like how if Jesus was a shepard and we were the sheep. If 1 of us got lost he would leave the rest to go get the one who was lost. And thats what we were doing. So we get to a house of an investagator and were knocking on his door and no answer. For like 10 minutes were there. Cause right now none of our investagators are at church. So with defeat. we go back to church, and whos there? Hermano Seline Our investagator. with a recent convert Jordy. Cool stuff.


Well, Thats pretty much it. Ive killed 5 cucarachas.


Love Elder Owen












No comments:

Post a Comment